1. Barenaked Ladies – One Week
2. Dee-Lite – Groove is in the Heart
3. The Dandy Warhols – Bohemian Like You
4. They Might Be Giants – Birdhouse in Your Soul
5. Harvey Danger – Flagpole Sitta
6. Blur – Song 2
7. The Hives – Hate T0 Say I Told You So
8. The Bloodhound Gang – The Bad Touch
9. The Knack – My Sharona
10. Feeder – Just A Day
11. The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger
12. The Killers – Mr Brightside
13. Jet – Are You Gonna Be MY Girl?
14. Nena – 99 Luft Balloons
15. Christina Aguilera – Candy Man
16. Take That – Shine
17. Hanson – Where’s The Love
18. Guns ‘n’ Roses – Paradise City
19. Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a Prayer
20. Fatboy Slim – Praise You
Today has been one of the first days in quite a long time that I have not had any inner conflict. Things are in a really good place at the moment so instead of a blog, per se, I just decided to make a little playlist of songs that make me happy. I did try and have a congruent order in there so each flows nicely to the next but as you can see, about half way down I completely gave up on that.
Well, I do have conflict. Still this damn philosophy essay. I have so far written 600 words of tepid nonsense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m not talking about it at great length because I am sick to the back bastard of it. That is all.
Here is a poem. Today’s prompt comes from HRTVerse and is ‘home without walls’.
My ceiling is a void
that keeps me cold at night
yet warms my heart with beauty.
You know the drill by now. Micro-poetry means more than one!
Here is a(nother) poem. The prompt is ‘Dry Your Eyes’ from CapturedPoets
Now the localised weather.
Storm clouds have gathered
over Furrowed Vale,
limpid pools flooding
the Fleshy Plains.
Residents of Filtrum
are advised to stay indoors.
In poetry, we do not believe in clichés. Here’s another, because three certainly isn’t a crowd.
Here is a poem. The prompt is ‘façade’ and comes from Soulhoot.
My friend is a bauble.
Sure shiny on reflection
but empty inside
and, despite the façade
only useful once a year.